Today's recipe is a simple yet delicious dish - Onion tomato thokku, prepared with easy handy ingredients. This is one of my favorite accompainment for chappathis and dosas. I make this quite often. This recipe works great when you are planning for a trip. This can be used as filling for sandwiches too.Here is the recipe and Happy weekend to all.
- Onion - 3
- Tomatoes - 4
- Garlic - 6 pods
- Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
- Chilly powder - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Cottage Cheese/ Paneer - 50 gms, chopped into cubes
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Chop the onion, tomatoes and garlic finely.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in heavy bottomed pan, when hot add the chopped garlic and fry for one minute.
- Then add the onions, curry leaves and sauté till the onions turns translucent.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes with pinch of salt.
- Cover and cook the tomatoes in medium flame for five Min's, stir in between.
- Then add the chilly and turmeric powder to it and mix well.
- Cook again in low flame till the oil oozes out and switch off the flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small fry pan, add cubed panner and fry till it turns golden brown on both sides and add to the thokku and mix well.
- Serve with dosa and rotis.
* This can kept for 3 days without refrigeration(avoid paneer) and taste best on the next day.
* Instead of paneer, you can add fried potatoes or boiled egg to it.
* Should be cooked in low/medium flame.