Monday, September 29, 2008

Fried Chicken

Ingredients
2 large Chicken pieces
1 Egg
1/2 cup Milk
4 tsp Maida Flour
1 tsp Corn flour
1 tsp Chilly powder
1 tsp Pepper powder
Salt
Oil for deep fry
Method
Beat egg with milk and keep aside. Combine maida, corn flour, chilly powder, pepper powder and salt without adding water. Dip the chicken pieces in beaten egg and then coat well with flour mixture and keep for 5 minutes. In mean time, heat oil in a iron skillet, place the chicken pieces in hot oil. Keep the flame low. Fry turning as the chicken browns. It will take up to 15 to 20 minutes. Drain chicken on paper towels.

Reposting my Horse Gram soup to Salad, Starters, Soup event hosted by EasyCrafts of SimpleIndianFood.Check for recipe here

11 comments :

Shreya said...

hi Valarmathi, the fried chicken looks delicious. The recipe is quite different for me, I think I will avoid the eggs and the maida when I try it out. Love the horse gram soup, really nice:-)

Dori said...

Yum, Fried chicken is one of my favorite comfort foods... Looks great!

Indian Khana said...

Fried chicken looks delicious Valar, and my nephew Kedar is drooling all over the laptop ie over the picture and eating my brain !!

Unknown said...

something is waiting for u in my blog>.

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Your Fried Chicken is tempting Valar. Wonderful picture too.

Sum Raj said...

i fell like sitting infront of kfc and looking throught the window the fried chicken..

lubnakarim06 said...

wow it is looking like KFC chicken. Bookmarked. Nice and easy recipe to me.

Illatharasi said...

very gud one.. looks like fried chicken from KFC.... surely will try!

anudivya said...

The soup is super healthy with the horse gram... nice presentation.

PG CakeCraft said...

nice & crispy fried chicken. looks so yummy!

Sagari said...

deleciousss fried chicken